RickiW

The Book-Addled Brain

Hello!  Welcome to my little corner of the universe.  Join me as I make my way through my infinite reading list one page at a time.

A Clash of Kings
Les Miserables
Victor Hugo
Progress: 718/1463 pages

Ricki's quotes

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."— Bill Nye

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 18

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor - Robert Kirkman, Jay Bonansinga

Day 18 - a book that disappointed you...

The Walking Dead: Rise of The Governor - Robert Kirkman, Jay Bonansinga

I like zombies, especially the classic slow-moving, undead ones. (In my opinion, super fast, rabid, infected zombies aren't really zombies, they are simply people infected with a disease, but that's a discussion for another day.)

I think The Walking Dead is brilliant.  I so desperately want someone to take the depth, complexity and horror of that post-apocalyptic, zombie-filled world and put it to paper in the form of a novel in the same way it has been adapted from the comic to the television screen.  I want a novel that really fleshes out the characters and tells their backstories and describes how they came to be a part of this group of survivors.  I want to be transported to that world and feel the tension the characters feel, the fear of the constant threat of the undead, the loss of what was, and the struggle to survive in the new world that is.

I got very, very excited when I came upon this book on the new releases shelf at the library.  Could this be it?  Had my wish been granted?  Alas, it was not to be.  Not even close.  The only things this book made me feel were disappointment and disgust.  Perhaps my expectations are too high?  Maybe I should put a pen to paper and write the novel that resides in my head?  In the meantime, I think I'll give the original graphic novels a try.