RickiW

The Book-Addled Brain

Hello!  Welcome to my little corner of the universe.  Join me as I make my way through my infinite reading list one page at a time.

A Clash of Kings
Les Miserables
Victor Hugo
Progress: 718/1463 pages

Ricki's quotes

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."— Bill Nye

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 13

Peony in Love - Lisa See Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See Shanghai Girls: A Novel - Lisa See Dreams of Joy - Lisa See

Day 13 - your favorite author...

According to Goodreads, the author I've read the most is Philippa Gregory, but I wouldn't necessarily call her my favorite.  I'm hooked on her books like crack and can't seem to quit.  I would give the title of 'favorite author' to Lisa See.  My love for her writing started with Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.  I've read it multiple times and even recommended it to my book club, and all the ladies who read it loved it too.  Peony in Love is a fantastic Chinese ghost story unlike anything I've ever read before.  Her two most recent works, Shanghai Girls and Dreams of Joy, have a more modern setting than the previous two books, but are equally as fascinating.  Lisa See renewed my interest in historical fiction set in China (that was initially sparked by Pearl S. Buck), and I can't wait to see more from her in the future.