RickiW

The Book-Addled Brain

Hello!  Welcome to my little corner of the universe.  Join me as I make my way through my infinite reading list one page at a time.

A Clash of Kings
Les Miserables
Victor Hugo
Progress: 718/1463 pages

Ricki's quotes

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."— Bill Nye

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 3

A Discovery of Witches  - Deborah Harkness Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle - Rosalind Miles Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry Kristy's Great Idea  - Ann M. Martin

Day 3 - Your favorite series...

I have to present today's picks beauty pageant style, because decisiveness is not a trait I possess and there are a number of great series I want to shine the spotlight on.

2nd runner-up: the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness.  This series is magically delicious and I am eagerly awaiting book #3.

1st runner-up: the Tristan and Isolde series by Rosalind Miles.  A beautifully written series based on the classic tale of The Romance of Tristan and Iseult.

Winner: the Lonesome Dove series by Larry McMurtry.  Amazing characters.  Amazing setting.  Amazing story.  McMurtry's writing transports you back to a bygone era of the American West.  I first discovered my dad's collection of McMurtry novels as a teenager and was hooked after the first word.

Honorable Mention: The Babysitter's Club series by Ann M. Martin.  I couldn't let a list of favorite series pass by without at least a mention of the series that started it all for me as a young reader.  The Babysitter's Club rocks!  As a kid, a trip to the mall meant a visit to Waldenbooks or B. Dalton's and a chance to browse the shelves for the latest BSC book or Super Special edition.