RickiW

The Book-Addled Brain

Hello!  Welcome to my little corner of the universe.  Join me as I make my way through my infinite reading list one page at a time.

A Clash of Kings
Les Miserables
Victor Hugo
Progress: 718/1463 pages

Ricki's quotes

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."— Bill Nye

Do Your Ears Pop in Space?: And 500 Other Surprising Questions about Space Travel - R. Mike Mullane

I freaking love science and this book helps satisfy my need to know all the science-y things in regards to manned space travel. My inner Punky Brewster is very glad I discovered this book. My compliments to the author for creating an extremely fascinating and informative guide to space travel that is very readable for those of us who aren't rocket scientists. This edition was published in 1997, pre-space station and before the Columbia disaster, so I hope a sequel is in the works to address those topics, to explore the developments made in the last 15+ years, and to discuss the future of manned space travel. In the meantime, I'll occupy myself with a binge of every other space-related book on my library's shelves. :)

Update: While browsing the shelves at my favorite local second-hand bookstore, I was thrilled to discover a copy of Do Your Ears Pop in Space? that is signed by the author, NASA astronaut Mike Mullane.  I may have actually squealed a little bit.  Score!